Epoxy is a two part system by which a liquid resin and hardener are mixed together and applied as a dense fluid. The covalent bond between the epoxide groups of the epoxy resin (Part A) and the amine groups of the hardener (Part B) create the cross-linkage of the polymer. Once fully cured, the result is a shiny, strong and very durable material. 'Curing' is a chemical process in which the material hardens (6-8 hours) after exposure to air, heat, or chemical additives.
- Epoxy floor coating makes renders concrete exceptionally durable. They also offer benefits of anti-fatigue and can be easily rolled-out on the cement without mortar or glue. Epoxy flooring protects the underlying concrete from moisture, stains, grease, and cracks.
- Durability - Durable and easy to clean
- Protective - Once the epoxy has been converted to a solid polymer it becomes incredibly strong and prevents chemical breakdown and it protects the underlying concrete from moisture, stains, grease, and cracks.
- Application time - Epoxy floor can be time-consuming fast and easy to install.
- Longevity - When installing properly, it can last for several decades without cracking or peeling
- Variety of Styles - Its available in a variety of colors that add a flawless, smooth, elegant shine elegant shine.You can also customize the appearance by adding paint flakes and chips that create a flecked look to the floor.Safety- epoxy floors are the safety by creating an anti-slip surface, heat, and fire resistant solution to concrete floors.
- Safety - epoxy floors are the safety by creating an anti-slip surface, heat, and fire resistant solution to concrete floors.
There are many differences between epoxy and concrete polishing. Epoxy flooring is water resistant, provides a non-slippery surface and will not be damaged as a result of a chemical spill. This is also the most common type of flooring commercial floors a smooth and clean surface that does not peel or scratch as compared to epoxy flooring which can scratch. Concrete flooring enhances light reflectivity by 100% and reduces the accumulation of waste. This type of floor can remain presentable and clean if maintained properly as compared to an epoxy floor which may need additional cleaning products to remove dust and debris build up. Some of the disadvantages of concrete polishing are that it is not good for a cracked or pitted floor. Harsh chemicals will also stain a polished concrete finish.